This post is result of BuildStuff knowledge sharing :)
At the conference people meet each other & share their knowledge, not only by doing talks, but also by discussing technology during evenings. Inspired by each other’s talks Paul Stack and James Nugent they created simple way to get started with EventStore (2.5 RC version) with statically linked Mono running on Ubuntu hosted in VirtualBox confgiured with Vagrant.
So what do I need to have EventStore up and running?
- install VirtualBox
- You could also use other VM providers: VMWare
- Remember to update your VM provider - I had a problem to run it on Virtual Box 1.3.1
- clone Paul Stack’s git repository with Vagrant file https://github.com/stack72/vagrant-geteventstore
- go to folder vagrant-geteventstore/singlenode
- run: vagrant up
- when binaries are downloaded and VM is booted (here is a log of my run) go to: http://192.168.50.11:2113
Remember: IT IS NOT PRODUCTION READY AT ALL